Wednesday, June 19, 2013

We are Family...

Sister Sledge aside...Do you ever look at your children and think that the insane amount of love you have for them is probably not healthy?  I think that often.  I had one of those mornings where my house got very...quiet.  Eeriely quiet...suspiciously quiet.  I started poking about from room to room...calling out their names.  No takers.  I went to the door and looked out.  There was Claire, heading across the lawn...green jammie pants getting soaked with dew, carrying a Little Tykes chair with her.  On a mission.  The destination:  The old chicken coop.  Pretty soon the other two  poked their heads out--apparently they had decided this morning that the old chicken coop was an excellent "clubhouse" for them...until Payton spotted a ball of fuzz she decided MUST be a mouse bed...and back in they came.  I LOVE that my children are buds.  That was the entire reason I suffered  went through three back-to-back pregnancies...because I wanted them to have playmates...instant and unwavering friends.  Granted, I know this can also cause a share of squabbles and chaos, but I wouldn't want it any other way.  Something as simple as watching that little girl head determinedly across the lawn, to the expectant faces of her brother and sister completely validates my life path...I AM a mother...(rawr)...

No comments:

Post a Comment