Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hay, Heat, and a Whole-Lot of NOTHING...

I know, I know...naughty me has been negligent for DAYS on blogging...I'm aware...I'm sorry.  I do have an excuse...it's a little something called...FARMING.  Now, as some of you know, I live on a farm.  Does this make me a farmer?  Not really.  My husband is.  I am a teacher!  HOWEVER...during haying season life gets a little...hectic?  Everything shifts into a faster gear--schedules are thrown off...my days are a blur of throwing together quick bites of food for my family between baling and unloading...gallons of lemonade are prepared and served to those involved.  I unload--that's about it.  But life just "feels" different for us...and I LOVE it when it is happening...and LOVE it when it's over!  Either way, I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to raise my children on a farm--because trust me, there is NO better place for them to be.  I am constantly in awe of how lucky I am.  Here's a few pics of my week:

Claire up on the round bales...

Did I also mentioned we were in the pool...A LOT!

Carter heading off to help his daddy unload...

In between all that, I have been working on school stuff.  Yesterday I did upload a few different designs of a Back to School poem.  Just like my End-of -the-Year poems, these will be cut out, laminated, and placed on the fronts of a bag--this time my Open House bags which will be sitting on their desks.  Here's an example of  one...it's purposefully a bit blurry--obviously the purchased ones will be clear!  :)


There are different styles, and I will continue to add more as Back to School time approaches!  And that about sums things up...OOOoo...also...I've been working on a new clip art set...Cute Critters:

More to come there!  Enjoy your day...mine looks a little hazy, so we'll see what we can get done!



No comments:

Post a Comment